The Invention of Lego - Just what I need - Some cheap Lego Toys!

Now if you are a toy lover, you should never never ever leave lego out, because it is one of the most fantastic toys ever invented! In my cheap toys bargain toys blog, I will definitely be writing posts on cool and cheap lego toys I find any such good cheap lego toys online! So far I have already got a few posts on lego. I have talked about how much I loved cheap lego toys when I was a kid and also wrote a post on a cheap lego star wars toy.

Let me give Lego its due credit by talking a little about the origins of Lego. Basically, lego was created in 1932 and in Denmark. If you still don't know lego comes from Denmark, I would be very disappointed with you! Ok back to the story. So in 1932, there was this guy called Ole Kirk Christiansen, who was a master carpenter and joiner in the village of Billund, Denmark. He had a business making stepladders, ironing boards and most importantly wooden toys.

In 1934, Ole Kirk Christiansen called his company LEGO, which was formed from the Danish words "LEgGOdt" which means "play well". 1949 was the first year in which the company produced about 200 different plastic and wooden toys and bricks. These bricks would be the predecesor of today's Lego bricks. At that time, the toys were only sold in Denmark.

In 1958, Ole Kirk Christiansen invented the current LEGO stud-and-tube coupling system. This was the component which allowed Lego bricks to combine together and also to break up when force is applied. This invention was patented and also resulted in millions of combinations between the great number of Lego Bricks.

In 1962, Lego toys were finally introduced in the United States. Lego suddenly expanded in a big way. In 1969, the Duplo line of big bricks were created for babies and young children while in 1977, the Technic was created for older kids, teenagers and maybe geeks. I have a model Technic airplane, but I guess I missed the Duplo phase of lego when I was young. Lego even became a toy that can "develop the child's critical judgment, manual dexterity, and ability to think for himself."

And that is the brief history of Lego. I would also like to add that with the advent of the internet, Lego further made use of it to create more Lego sets, with people from all over the world submitting their best creations. Lego toy kits were also created for many genres, such as movies like Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc. There are also many Legolands and many Lego exhibitions showing life size objects but made up of Lego bricks. The lego world is just amazing!

So does this article make you like lego even more? Remember to tune in to my toys for cheap blog for more cheap toys coming up!

0 Comments: