The Avengers by Marvel

If you have been watching some super hero or Marvel related movies recently, and at the end of the movie you see Samuel L Jackson appear out of nowhere, with a pirate eye patch to boot, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. For one thing, you might be surprised that Samuel L Jackson actually plays Nick Fury, and he is one of the key characters in The Avengers. I recall I was watching Iron Man, Thor and Captain America and at the end of the movie, I did see this eye patch guy appear. If you were observant, you would have noticed Iron Man or his human form Tony Stark, appear in Captain America too. Why you see all this is that these movies serve as a prelude of some sorts to The Avengers movie which will be shown soon. While there are other superheros such as The Incredible Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow who appear in the Avengers movie, I did not really see the pirate guy appear elsewhere though. Anyway enough about Samuel and let me show and tell you more about this movie. Why not check out the trailer first?



The Avengers is brought to you by Marvel Studios and features the superheros I have mentioned earlier. From what I understand, some new enemy or threat is going to emerge and this is what brings Nick Fury, who is the Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., to source for heros to fight for the good of mankind. Needless to say "The Avengers” is based on the Marvel comic book series “The Avengers,” first published in 1963. I have yet to read this series but anything with a gang of cool crime fighting dudes is worth my attention. 

So you are going to ask me who is your favourite Avengers superhero and why. I have to say that this is a tough choice, especially with Scarlett Johansson in the movie. While Samuel Jackson is one of my all time favourite actors, if I am to choose a superhero, I would say Iron Man. This is because he does not have any super powers of his own but with good technology he creates for himself a power suit and uses it to do good. I am not sure if Pepper Potts is in the Avengers but I guess I will only get to find out when I watch this movie.

With so much super hero action, I strongly recommend that you guys catch this movie. Needless to say, I am sure that there will be many Avenger toys released together with the movie!

Catch Marvel’s The Avengers in cinemas this 1 May 2012 and like the Official Marvel’s The Avengers Singapore Facebook Page and subscribe to Marvel Singapore YouTube Channel!

0 Comments: