Disney’s “OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL”

Recently I heard that Disney just bought over Lucasfilm. With such renewed power in the entertainment industry, it is no wonder that Disney will soon conquer and take over the world (ok I am just kidding here). Anyway I am here talking about Disney because of their new film titled “OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL”.

Oz the Great and Powerful is an upcoming 2013 American fantasy adventure film directed by Sam Raimi. Needless to say most people can guess that this film is inspired by the novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. But this seems to be a beautiful and wonderful adaptation of the book and also stars gorgeous Hollywood actors and actresses such as James Franco as Oscar Diggs, who is none other than the Wizard of Oz as well as the sexy Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz. 

So what is this movie all about? Basically, Oscar Diggs is a small-time circus magician who is transported to the  Land of Oz where he thinks he has found fame and fortune beyond what he has imagined. However he bumps into the witches Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz), and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. I shall not reveal too much of the plot here but it is about how Oscar finds himself and makes himself to be a powerful magician to save Oz.

Before I start rambling off too much let us first enjoy a short trailer clip of this wonderful movie: 



If you ask me what excites me in Disney’s “OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL” I have a feeling that it is the kind of movie that I would enjoy: a beautiful cast, an enchanting tale as well as mystery and magic. Seriously this is the kind of flick I cant wait to watch, and hopefully I do get to catch it before everyone does! 

So....

Catch Disney’s OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL in Singapore cinemas this 7 March 2013,  like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to the Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!

Disney’s “OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL”

0 Comments: